Sunday, November 25, 2007

i'm all and none of what they say...

she told me she could no longer endure my company. i cried within.

i've been away from my own soul for so long, so late-sleeping... that dove's crying woke me and made me cry. she said that my life-style was not for her.

"Drink all your passion and be a disgrace."

Sweetheart, close both eyes to see with the other eye. Open your hands, if you want to be held. can't you see that their actions and words mean nothing, the sex and the war they do. i will not deny that thirst drove me down to the lake of your tears where I drank the moon's reflection. i found you though. that's what's important. hear blessings dropping their blossoms around us? G.d. Please forgive me. your smile was the sky my spirit circled in. maybe i created you in my mind. i try to let these words be a window, be an ear. I layed there, while you were asleep, listening to your silence. i learned so much more about you. you knew my 2 cents on the situation were counterfeit, but you accepted them anyway. both my imprudence and my pretending. whatever i was always looking for was you. it's misleading, i know. a sunset can sometimes look like a sunrise. i'm not sure which we just had. it's midnight, and the son is shining clear. the whole neighborhood is up and out in the street talking. you kiss a beautiful mouth, and a key turns in the lock of your fear. i'm walking away... can you hear my footsteps? i'm barefoot, walking over shard pieces of broken promises... Lord forgive me for my sins, I know it's last minute.

a tongue has one customer, the ear. a pen has one destination - the heart. i hope these words i've written find their way to yours. i don't want learning or dignity, or respectability. I want this music, and this dawn, and the warmth of your cheek against mine. The grief-armies assemble, but I'm not going with them. This is how it always is when I finish writing. don't wash a wound with blood - if it's their concern you're concerned with. i could explain this, but it would break the glass cover on your heart, and there's no fixing that. just remember to think of me when it rains both inside and out. that scratching at your door you hear in the morning - that's me.

"He wears his heart
safety pinned to his backpack
His backpack is all that he knows
Shot down by strangers
whose glances can cripple
the heart and devour the soul

All alone he turns to stone
while holding his breath half to death
Terrified of whats inside
to save his life he crawls
like a worm from a bird..."