Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Nuture of Nature...


I learned today that many plants only bear fruit when they do not shoot too high...

Does this mean that I may only bear the fruits of my labor if I lower my self-expectations? Unquestionably, it is a very costly mistake to try to discover from the chemical ingredients of a grain of corn the form of the ear of corn which it bears. One only need go to the field to see the ear pipe right?

Carl von Clausewitz said, "Investigation, and observation, philosophy, and experience, must neither despise nor exclude one another." That they "mutually afford each other the rights of citizenship."

Though I have dedicated my life to this work, I am a citizen of "Nowhere."

As I undertake what I am about to do, I wonder, "Is there a place for words that do not fit onto paper? Words that yield to both the unholy as well as the holy?"

Please remind me to pray tomorrow. I forgot today. I was busy planting stunted seeds.