Monday, October 29, 2007

From Milestones to Millstones

It's not the talkers, but the walkers in His word - My Nana told me that those will be the only people forgiven and saved from damnation. Lord forgive me for my sins, I know it's last minute...

The songs I sing... The sins I sing... The sins that sing I.... The song I sing of sin...

For awhile, I felt as though I had fallen. That G.d had given up on me. It was a very scary time for me. From milestones to millstones. A fall from grace. My fall from grace. From gracing the covers of the newspapers and magazines to disgrace. Dis-grace. I had my will tested. I wrote my will. I willed it. I kept my promise.

A millstone is figuratively a sense of burden. I borrowed the idea from Matt. xviii.6 in the Bible. A millstone is something that hinders or handicaps - almost like an albatross. It's any load that's difficult to carry. There's a certain society that, when someone disgraced themselves, their families, or the village, would make the offender wear a millstone around his or her neck.

I've had mine around my neck for the last few months. Worn it, and never tried to hide it. I've been all but convicted, and sentenced to death in the media. But I never ran. Never made excuses. I refused then, and I refuse now. I find it hard to say, but what I've realized is that it is something that does not need to be said. It's freedom time.