Saturday, November 3, 2007

NEVER ASSUME

This blog might not get you laid, but it will help you understand why you never feel quite comfortable with the opposite sex. Living biblically didn’t enhance my creativity (or so I thought), so I went the exact opposite direction. I drank alcohol, isolated myself, and was really mean to everyone. I have to admit, I felt very creative during this time (though I do not know if these things were related). Honesty can be a very destructive force. If people knew how hard we as artist really worked to affect them, they would call it poetic and praise us. I stood next to this woman in an elevator today, and I could smell her insecurity (and I loved it). I wanted to tap her on the shoulder and tell her that I was just as insecure as her, and suggest that we get do something arbitrary to superficially get to know her better. I hate being identified as a “rapper” and I tell myself I don’t need acceptance, but the truth is, without some title to justify my petty theatrical need to appear in control, I would be reduced to a teary-eyed poet begging for recognition/approval. While this may not get you laid, it should help shed some light on the pressure we place on women. Sweetheart, I only lie to you when I have to. It’s not you, it’s me. Right?